Step 1: Apply a dry cleaning solvent, using a damp towel.
Step 2: Blot-don't rub.
Step 3: Repeat solvent application as above.
Step 4: Blot-don't rub.
Step 5: Apply water with damp towel.
Step 6: Blot again. Finish by weighing down a half-inch thick pad of white paper towels to absorb all the moisture. Leave overnight if necessary.
Step 7: Rinse with water as above.
Step 8: Blot-don't rub-dry well.
Step 9: Apply dry powder cleaner (see "Cleaning Solutions").
Step 10: Vacuum.
Step 1: Scrape or blot up excess spill.
Step 2: Freeze with ice cubes.
Step 3: Shatter with blunt object like the back of a large spoon.
Step 4: Vacuum chips away before they melt.
1. Detergent: Mix 1/2 teaspoon clear dishwashing detergent with one cup of warm (not hot) water.
2. Pre-soak Solution: Mix 1 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent (such as Axion, Biz, or others) with one cup of water.
3. Dry Powder Cleaner: Use powdered carpet cleaners.
4. Dry Cleaning Solvent: Non-oily, non-caustic type sold as spot removal for garments. Caution: May be flammable.
* Note: Not all carpet fibers react the same way when treated for stains. Before proceeding with any of the preceding cleaning procedures, we recommend you contact the appropriate fiber company for their suggested maintenance guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines may void your warranty. For more information, please contact your Carpet One retailer.
Note: If your carpet has an Ultra 25a Warranty, you must call 3M directly prior to treating any stain. Failure to do this will void your warranty.
Have another stain? Check out our carpet stain removal guide.